Friday, August 20, 2010

Aye Chihuahua

Are you thinking about getting a chihuahua?  I have an 8-year-old chihuahua.  Her name is Missy.  I should have named her Kissy because she likes to lick A LOT.  I have learned more about the personality of a chihuahua by owning one compared to what I heard or read about them.

They are VERY protective of their owner(s).

They favor the owner(s) and are usually wary of children.

They don't always jump high.  Some are scared to, like mine.

They can be REALLY mean.  I mean ferocious, but not to their master(s).

They are always on alert.  HIGH alert.

They are playful.

They are lovable, but only by the people they know.

Don't try to approach a chihuahua, let them approach you.  I mean it, don't even try to coax them or it will take longer to get acquainted.

Chihuahuas are very anxious or nervous dogs.  They do not shiver because they are cold, they shiver because they are nervous or anticipating something.

They may look cute in sweaters, but they don't always like them.

Yes, their bark is annoying, but they are showing how big their hearts are for trying to protect their home from something that is probably much bigger than they are.

They are not easy to potty train but at least their messes aren't that big.  I just let mine out OFTEN.

Chihuahuas are not GREAT around kids but mine will tolerate them for a bit before she lets them know she's had enough and literally snaps at them.

They are easy to love being as they are so cute and protective and very obedient as well.  If you decide to get a chihuahua I hope you love yours as much as I love mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment