Thursday, December 16, 2010

Disposing of People

There is something wrong with this world.  VERY WRONG.

Maybe my view is jaded, but I feel like I have been disposed of by many people I thought were friends.  I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way.

Many times in the past friends would just stop talking to me.  Maybe I picked friends who don't like conflict, and rather than talk to me about what bothered them, they would just never return my calls or avoid me.  Or just be plain mean to me.  And I am not aware of anything that may have insulted them and have never hurt them on purpose or anything like that.  I just don't understand.

No matter what my friends do, I don't just stop being their friend.  I may not always approve of what they do and I might even voice my opinion about that, but I will always be there to encourage and love them no matter what.  If they do something bad, I might be mad for a while but I will eventually forgive them for ALMOST anything.  I don't understand why I don't have very many friends who treat me the same.  I am thankful for the FEW good friends I do have, most of whom I have met through derby.  I love you all!  Thank you so much for being a true friend.

If you have disposed of me, it is you who are missing out.  I am a loving, thoughtful, opinionated, and devoted friend who will be there through thick and thin.  Isn't that what strengthens friendships/relationships anyway?

2 comments:

  1. You're indisposable! MDL pointed your way. Chin up, Wifey, whoever it is isn't worth your time or concern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 you, believe me if I don't wanna be your friend I won't be quiet about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete