Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate being thankful.  Really though, we should be thankful everyday.  Even if it's just for something small like a cup of coffee when you wake up.  Finding something to be thankful for practices positive thinking.  The more you practice, the better you'll get at it.  You could even start a list of the things you're thankful for and it may surprise you if you do it for a year.  You would have 365 things to be thankful for.  That's quite a lot considering all the unfortunate people in this world who have much less than we do here in the United States.

I myself am thankful for God, my husband, my 14-year-old son Zachary, my 6-year old daughter Shyanna, my mom, my dad, a home to live in, my job, roller derby, the motivation to exercise, my strengths, my weaknesses that teach me lessons, sunshine, chocolate and other sweet things, my sister and brother, my sister's family, all my extended family, and it doesn't end there.  When you look for something to be thankful for, it really is very easy to find.

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment