Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Playing Hooky

I am going to let my kids play hooky for a couple of hours on Thursday.  I leave town on Thursday, having to be at the airport by 4 p.m.  My kids usually get out of school at 3:30 but since I get off work at 1 p.m., I am going to pick them up early so we can have some time together before I have to leave.  I think for this one time, it is okay to break the rules.  I will be gone for 4 days and I always miss them terribly when I am away.  This will give us a chance to have some quality time together before I leave instead of a hurried pick them up from school and straight to the airport type of goodbye.

I think it is okay to let kids play hooky every great once in a while for something special.  After all, we take off work sometimes, why shouldn't they be allowed to take some time off school?

I can't wait until Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment