Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Family First

I absolutely loved this past weekend.  My sister and her family came to stay with us for a couple of days.  They stayed at my house which made it so my sister and I could cook together and prepare Thanksgiving dinner together.  Everything was delicious too.

I spent some much needed time with my husband and kids too.  We shopped on Saturday with the kids.  Then the hubs and I went bowling for date night.  On Sunday, my daughter was sick so we stayed home and did some housework together.  I got an extra day off on Monday since my daughter was still sick.  She went back to school today feeling much better but still has a raw nose.

I am missing more derby practice these days in favor of family time and while my attendance percentage may go down, my mom guilt is going down as well.  I want to continue to play derby, but my family needs me more than my team does so I have to learn to balance family life and derby life better so I don't have to shut one out completely.  I love derby and it can seem a little more fun than family life sometimes, but it doesn't love me back and my family always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment