Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"I Don't Like Them and You Can't Make Me!"

Let's face it, no one is going to like everybody.  There are just those people you don't get along with.  It is inevitable that you will encounter people you dislike for your entire lifetime.  Rather than being negative towards people you don't like, I suggest these 3 things:

1.  Understand nobody is perfect.  Chalk it up to a character flaw.
2.  Focus on the positive.  There has to be at least one good trait about every person.  Find it.
3.  Be nice to them.  Being kind to others leaves you feeling warm inside. 

If you do these things you can feel good about yourself regardless of how you feel about your "enemy."  You never know, by doing these 3 things you might end up liking the person in spite of your earlier dislike.  Not only that, these things will teach you how to tolerate those you dislike without building frustration and anger.

-"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me...All I ask is that you respect me as a human being."  -Jackie Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment