Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm Not Giving Up

I gained back the 1.5 pounds I lost last week.  Oh I am cheating today, but I will start over tomorrow and the next day and the next after that.  I can do this and I will prove that to myself.  Derby is the one thing I have tried and stuck with besides my family.  It helps me learn to be strong when things don't always go my way.  Losing weight to be in the best shape for my team (and myself) is my goal, and I will succeed.

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.  The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."  -Thomas A. Edison

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day.  It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"  -Peter Maher, Canadian Marathon Runner

"Failure is only a fact when you give up.  Everyone gets knocked down, the question is: Will you get back up?"

I hope you succeed too.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. The marathoner quote really hits home.

    I'm sure you'll achieve huge success.

    ReplyDelete