Thursday, January 13, 2011

Plundered at the Pump

I have noticed gas prices going up the past few weeks.  It gets me wondering if we will have a repeat of 2008 when gas prices soared to over $4 a gallon in some states.  According to MEMA, Americans travel over 3 trillion miles per year which is the equivalent to 820 trips from the sun to Pluto and back.  We are DEPENDENT on gas. 

After doing some research, I found that the largest portion of the money we pay for gas goes to crude oil suppliers.  The rest of the money goes for taxes, refining, and distribution/marketing.  If only I knew how to get my own crude oil.

It's too bad I live in Nebraska or I would stop driving and ride my bike all over town.  It's too cold to do that right now, but if gas prices do continue to go up I will be riding my bike to work come spring.  I just have to get my trailer fixed so I can take my daughter to school first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment