Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Throwing Food Together

I love throwing things together sometimes to see how they turn out.  It's good therapy.  Last night's thrown-together dish turned out pretty good.

I had ground beef, spaghetti, and tomato sauce products but wasn't sure what to make.  I looked up recipes on Allrecipes.com to get an idea.  I saw a couple of pasta bake recipes that called for sour cream or cream cheese which I did not have on hand so, I went upstairs to see what I could substitute.  I found cheddar cheese soup so decided to add a little milk to that with some eggs.  Here is what I made.

Spaghetti Bake

Ingredients:
1 pound cooked ground meat
1-16 oz box spaghetti
1 big can tomato puree
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp Italian seasoning
8 oz shredded triple cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook spaghetti according to package directions.  Drain. 
2.  Mix tomato puree, soup, milk, eggs, meat, garlic, salt and pepper and seasoning.  Add cheese and stir together. 
3.  Mix sauce mixture with cooked spaghetti in a 13x9 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Add extra cheese on top if you desire after baking and let it melt.

My kids liked it and my husband thought it was pretty good.  I thought it was great for just throwing it together.  My thrown-together recipes don't always turn out as great but this one is worth making again so thought I'd share.  I imagine it would have been awesome if I had the cream cheese or sour cream to add to all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment