Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gearing Up!

I cannot believe regionals are 3 days away!!!  North Central Regionals in case you didn't know.  Thunda on the Tundra in Green Bay is the place where the top 10 teams of the WFTDA North Central Region will come together to bout it out for the top 3 spots to go to the national championship held in Chicago in November.  Friday the first bout starts off at 10 a.m. between Arch Rival (St Louis, MO) and Naptown (Indianapolis).  Then the Omaha Rollergirls will play Minnesota.  Next up will be the Mad Rollin Dolls from Madison, WI, playing North Star (Minneapolis).  Then the bouts following these will be determined by winner/loser double elimination.  The tournament continues through Sunday and promises to be action packed!

I am so excited it is all I can think about.  I have started packing and making food to take with me.  I am taking food so that I can spend my money on derby stuff instead of buying food that is probably not good for me anyway.  I wish I could take my kids with me too but they will be there in my heart.

Whatever happens there, I feel so lucky to have even been invited to play there.  Our first full WFTDA season and we can say we made it to regionals.  That is not an easy thing to do either.  We worked hard and we made it.  If we did that, then I think we can do well there too!  Let's go get 'em girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment