Monday, September 27, 2010

Perfect Chili Weather

I made chili yesterday in the crock pot for our dinner tonight.  I cannot wait to eat it!  Here is how I made it:

Ingredients:
4 cans beans, drained (I used 2 cans chili beans and 2 cans kidney beans, 1 dark and 1 light)
2 pounds ground meat (I used ground chuck) or meatless if you are a vegetarian
1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 cup salsa
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
Any other spices that sound good in chili to taste

I didn't have any onion but would have added it if I did.  I used a little bit of onion powder instead, plus the salsa has a little bit of onion in it.

I put it all in the crock pot on low for about 8 hours.  I tasted it and it was just right sweet and just right spicy.  I can't wait to eat a whole bowl tonight!  The second day chili is always the best as it has had the chance to absorb all the flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment