Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Post Tournament Bruises

Well it was a blast!!!  We played our hearts out, learned a lot, and had a great time while doing it.  We lost our first bout to Minnesota, who then went on to place 2nd.  Congratulations to MN girls!  Our second bout was played against Brew City who won that round.  A little more bummed about that loss because we could have done better but we did fight the whole time.  Brew City has been to regionals before so more experienced and I think that's what you have to have to make it there.  Our final bout was against Arch Rival (St. Louis) and we won 169-112.  We also learned a little bit in that game too.

We went in the tournament in the #10 place in the region and came out #9 so we are ahead of where we were going in and that's all that matters.  We also had a great time at the after party and had reason to celebrate.  Our team worked very well together and everyone put their heart and soul into the games we played. 

Today I am very sore, I feel like a couple of trucks hit me, although I am sad to say I cannot name those trucks.  I wish I would have taken an extra day off work to recoup and sleep.  I have MANY bruises but no serious injuries, although my teammate Sharon Misery did hurt her knee during our second game and is probably going to be out for a while.  :( Heal fast sista! 

Overall an awesome experience and gave us a goal to aim for next season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment