Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hush Dogs

My kids have a way of helping me escape guilt and everyday life stress.

I ate terribly yesterday.  I need to stop that behavior immediately to prepare for regionals next week.  I had a breakfast at home.  Then it was someones last day working here so another person brought in donuts.  Of course I had one.  I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch.  Then I had a cupcake later and a cookie too.  As if that wasn't bad enough, after work I had Long John Silver's for dinner.  Even though I felt guilty about that, I loved the bonding time I had with my daughter there. 

I wanted Chinese food but recently had been craving Long John Silver's.  When I asked my daughter if she wanted Chinese food for dinner she said she wanted Burger King.  So then I asked her if she wanted hush puppies.  She has had them before and LOVED them so of course she said yes.  That's how we ended up going to LJS.

Before we went to LJS (but after our discussion about dinner), I had an appointment and when we were leaving there she said, "Come on Mom, let's go get hush dogs."  I tweeted this to my social networks later because of how cute it was.  One of the comments I received was, "Maybe they just grew up."  So I am thinking of this giant hush puppy, the size of a softball.  Would they really be so tasty then?  I don't think so.  They would probably be more like taking a bite of dough rather than the crispy, buttery taste you get eating one.

My daughter said LJS was the best place to eat when we were sitting at our table.  She was so excited she got a free strawberry freeze drink with her meal.  I love the way kids make life interesting and fun.  Never a dull moment with kids' thoughts and how the little things matter more than all the guilt and big things we have to deal with in life.  To hush dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment