Thursday, September 2, 2010

She Fell and Couldn't Get Up

I thought I would have to wait until my mom was 80 to worry about her falling.  But no.  Yesterday I was talking to her on the phone when I heard her say an expletive and then I heard crashing and her crying out.  Then she didn't answer me.  That worried me like never before in my life.  I was at work so I put her line on hold and on another line I called 911.  I was panicking when I started talking with them but they told me to calm down and I did and I told them what was going on.  I then saw the light on the line my mom was on go off.  Then she called me.  I put the rescue peeps on hold and switched over.  My mom said she fell and her back went out and she couldn't get up but she did not want the ambulance to come.  So I clicked back over and told them that she said she was okay and not to go to her house.  She didn't want me to get out of work and come either.  She just had me call her neighbor who went over and helped her get her pain meds and get into bed.

I worry about my mom more and more with each passing year and even more so when stuff like this happens (this is not the first time).  I had my husband check on her when he got off work and I checked on her again on my way to derby practice.  She looked like she was in pain and I told her she should go to the doctor but she said no to that.  Stubborn woman!! 

My mom has a heart condition and that makes me worry even more.  She is so important to me and I fear the day she is not here with me.  I think about my friends and my husband whose moms have passed and how lost they must feel when they think of them.  I am grateful that I still have her and I try to make the most of the time we have together.  I need to make some time to go over and visit her more often.  Move over derby, I want my mama! 

No comments:

Post a Comment