Friday, September 17, 2010

NOM Potato Salad

I know I wrote about food yesterday but I am excited to say I made potato salad last night for the first time in my life and it turned out so yummy.  And we can never have too many recipes right?  I brought this potato salad to the potluck we had at work today and still have enough left to have with brats tonight with my family.

Here is the recipe I used:

Ingredients:

5 pounds red potatoes with peels on, chopped
10 eggs
1 small red onion, chopped
2 cups Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
1-24 ounce jar sweet pickles, drained and chopped
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt

Directions:
  1. Place the potatoes in a large pan of water and boil over medium-low heat until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain the potatoes, and place in the refrigerator to cool.
  2. Place the eggs in a saucepan of cold water over medium heat, and bring to a full boil. Turn off the heat, cover the pan, and allow the eggs to sit in the hot water for about 15 minutes. Cool the eggs thoroughly under cold running water and shell them. Chop the cooled eggs and place them in a large salad bowl.
  3. Stir the onion, sweet pickles, mayonnaise, pepper, paprika and salt into the eggs, and let the mixture chill in the refrigerator at least l/2 hour to blend the flavors. Mix in the chilled chopped potatoes, and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour. Serve cold.
I got compliments from the people at work so I am very proud of my first attempt.  Next time can only be better because I won't run to the store last minute for pickles and settle for the mediocre brand I ended up buying; I will buy a more tasty brand.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment