Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Scarlett Letter

I am a little sad today.  And I will be more sad on Saturday when I skate for the last time with Scarlett O'Scara.  She announced last night at practice that she will not be skating anymore after the game on Saturday.  She explained that she loves derby so much but could not handle another year physically or mentally and does not want to end up hating it.  I understand this completely.

Scarlett loves life and is one of the nicest, funniest, and easy-going people I know.  She has been a great leader in our league and always makes people feel welcome and very rarely gets impatient and I have never seen her angry.  She will be sorely missed.  I am tearing up just writing this.  I don't know how I am going to handle skating with her for the last time.

While I know tears will be shed on Saturday, I know our team can pull out a win to honor Scarlett with on her last time on the track.  She helped us get to the place we are in, and we don't want to upset our accomplishments before she is even gone.  Let's do this ORG!!

Scarlett, you will be missed tremendously on the track next season.  Not only are you an awesome teammate, you are an even better friend and I would love see you off the track for a lifetime if you let me.  MDL!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh.How heartbreaking. I hope even more to come out and say goodbye to her though I'm sure she will still be around. Hard to stay away.

    ReplyDelete